Friday, August 31, 2007

Attitude change

I am working on my essay on attitude change. I have chosen a safe sex campaign relseased by NSW Health called "Safe Sex. No Regrets". I am going to use both the TV commerical and a brochure . Here is the website for both of these if anyone is interested: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/sexualhealth/campaigns.html


I think I am going to start my essay by saying that to change attitude, is really about change behaviour and that beliefs are a major role in this.

Campaigns may use some of the following;
cognitive dissonance
the health belief model-the protection motivation theory
the attribution theory
the theory of reasoned action

I have the best knowledge in the health belief model so I think I will address how my campaign uses it to promote condom use.

It looks like there is alot to say in not many words.
How is everyones essays coming along?

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Monique :)

I think I will talk about drug use in young people in particular, as peer pressure and influences seem to be important in shaping one's identities and attitudes. true.. I don't think 1500 words will be enough to explain all these in depth, as there is a lot to cover on the HBM.

Hope you are going well on your entry! I will keep updating whenever I come across some useful stuffs :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home